Accessories for Seltos

robindash7

Hi,

i believe there are more owners now for the seltos. Shall we share some info on where to get third party accessories like roof racks, tow bar, etc.

With to change the Sports+ lights to white light, I was told LED lights are not compliance.

SDKady

Hi,

i believe there are more owners now for the seltos. Shall we share some info on where to get third party accessories like roof racks, tow bar, etc.

With to change the Sports+ lights to white light, I was told LED lights are not compliance.
If you are looking for LED headlights, any auto parts store can help you. Check with local law enforcement about the legality.
If you are looking for other stuff get on eBay or Amazon and put in "Seltos chrome accessories ".
I am not a fan of Ebay, but save over $200 on the roof cross rails.

ACEwoK

Hi,

Whoever told you LED's are not compliant, does not know what they are talking about. If that were true, 99% of new cars on the road in the last 5 years would be illegal and car manufacturers wouldn't be selling them in Australia.

What you need to make sure of is the brightness and colour of said LEDs. You should get ones that match the brightness of your current lights, or slightly more, but there is an upper limit of what you can have for standard dipped headlights (that comes from a cop as I replaced mine years ago and got pulled for them being too bright even when dipped!) - this may change from state to state so best check the local rules for headlights before buying anything.

robindash7

Well mainly when they say LED are not complying to the housings. As LED does not release heat well, so if the housing melts then not under warranty

and I have a mechanic looked at the housing for sports+ it’s too small for the led lights which usually comes with a fan

hence checking if anyone knows

SDKady

Have NEVER had a problem with changing over to LED headlights. Sometimes you have to pay a little more, but they're worth it