Anybody here from Australia?

Welcome to KIASELTOS.COM!

Welcome to our community! Please take a moment to register - and let's get this party started!

Aussea

Reaction score
Anyone else here from Australia? I'd like to get an Australia-specific area setup...
Morning!! I have the Seltos S which arrived mid August after a 2 month delivery timeframe. Worth the wait! Absolutely pleased with this base model in white. In fact, I'm astounded considering the standard features, looks, and quality at the price point. This thing is a beast. Very happy.

Ozz

Reaction score
Morning!! I have the Seltos S which arrived mid August after a 2 month delivery timeframe. Worth the wait! Absolutely pleased with this base model in white. In fact, I'm astounded considering the standard features, looks, and quality at the price point. This thing is a beast. Very happy.
Errgh, ummm, aint no emojis to show my feeling on this.
I ordered one on the 20th of Feb 2020. Have not picked it up yet but will in 3 days time. I have heard over and over of people in Major Cities here in Aus get them like you within just 1, 2 3 months. Mine is taking over 6. Kia is screwing, TO PUT IT MILDLY!, us country customers who ordered months and months ago in preference to the major City customers. It's not a guess or maybe either. Have heard and seen customers in Melbourne and elsewhere get Seltos's in less than half the time me and others have been waiting. I met one two weeks ago that got his within 8 WEEKS!
I am looking forward to getting my car, but after all I've been through and seen with Kia giving preference to Australian Major Cities over us in the Country who they treat like excrement. No thanks or any positive anything to Kia from me ever. Thanks to the Forum admin here but be stuffed if im gonna post anything after this in support of this DOG of a company after the way they treat us in country rural Australia. Stuff you KIA Australia you utter DOG of a company.
6 plus crappy months watching others get them in less than half the time!?
Phone calls after phone calls with Cameron from Kia Oz saying "oh no that would never happen, yours is coming next month" He said that 3 times the liar.
KIA AUSTRALIA YOU ARE DOGS TO US COUNTRY AUSTRALIANS AND I HOPE YOU READ THIS.
Thanks admin for the time here but be stuffed if im gonna support this DOG company with any positive posts. Thanks and goodbye.
KIA AUSTRALIA you are UTTER DOGS.
Seeyas all im outa here for good. I've been totally *@!#!* over by KIA OZ.

Last edited:

Aussea

Reaction score
I ordered one on the 20th of Feb 2020. Have not picked it up yet but will in 3 days time. I have heard over and over of people in Major Cities here in Aus get them like you within just 1, 2 3 months. Mine is taking over 6. Kia is screwing, TO PUT IT MILDLY!, us country customers who ordered months and months ago in preference to the major City customers. It's not a guess or maybe either. Have heard and seen customers in Melbourne and elsewhere get Seltos's in less than half the time me and others have been waiting. I met one two weeks ago that got his within 8 WEEKS!
I am looking forward to getting my car, but after all I've been through and seen with Kia giving preference to Australian Major Cities over us in the Country who they treat like excrement. No thanks or any positive anything to Kia from me ever. Thanks to the Forum admin here but be stuffed if im gonna post anything after this in support of this DOG of a company after the way they treat us in country rural Australia. Stuff you KIA Australia you utter DOG of a company.
Phone calls after phone calls with Cameron from Kia Oz saying "oh no that would never happen, yours is coming next month" He said that 3 times the liar.
Thanks admin for the time here but be stuffed if im gonna support this DOG company with any positive posts. Thanks and goodbye.
Yeah for what it's worth, and considering your displeasure (yes, delivery schedules are woeful) I live in regional mid North coast of NSW. YMMV.

Bill63

Reaction score
I've noticed on other sites everyone is waiting months for their cars, we must have got lucky. We only signed up last week and are supposed to be picking up our Seltos GT this Saturday.
Picked my sps+ saftey pack in November. Great suv.

Wickedt

Reaction score
Still waiting for my Gravity Grey S. :(
Ordered Feb 20 and told sometime in mid July. Bit annoyed as just before I get it my rego will be due, start of July, on what im driving as well as a service. Thats going to cost me $1000! 1000 bucks for just a couple of weeks driving. :(

Its a beautiful color, that's what I picked, saw yellow, didn't look as good as on the internet, was nice, but then my wife said, remember, you have to live with it for 5 years

Bill63

Reaction score
Its a beautiful color, that's what I picked, saw yellow, didn't look as good as on the internet, was nice, but then my wife said, remember, you have to live with it for 5 years
I thought gravity grey was standard. I bought mine last November. The grey is the way to go. Once you get your Seltos,mine sp2+ with saftey pack,tech amazing,was a bit sceptical until someone pulled out in front of me very close,suv braked and swereved by itself.

Bill63

Reaction score
They are a beast,went from 220w motor to my Seltos,has power when needed.

Bill63

Reaction score
I have a sp2+ with safety pack,love it. Enjoy your new car. Mine was first ever new car, lol tech freaked me out,now would not swap it for anything.

Bill63

Reaction score
I bought mine last yr,only 2 week wait. You have to remember covid has stuffed everything up. Enjoy when you get it. All anger will disappear as the Seltos is the best small suv money can buy.

Bill63

Reaction score
Anyone else here from Australia? I'd like to get an Australia-specific area setup...
Frankston Vic,bought mine. Lol twisted my arm,had Blackvue cameras installed,dash mat,Seltos floor mats and extra tint,oh and roof racks. Love it.

tamamontu

Reaction score
Hello All,

Would be getting GT soon. I have been searching few Seltos forums. Has anyone looked into installing Power tailgate kit to Seltos. Found few suppliers on Alibaba, I saw in one forum this video.

Power Tail Gate Installed. I am also interested in installing this one. It seems that USA is getting power tail gate in 2021 models as per the specs.

Also wondering how is the road noise on freeways?

robindash7

Reaction score
Hi TS, i am from WA, got a sports+ 1.6T. i think US is not the same. Kinda felt should go for the GT. any thoughts?

tamamontu

Reaction score
Hi TS, i am from WA, got a sports+ 1.6T. i think US is not the same. Kinda felt should go for the GT. any thoughts?
Finally picked up our Seltos GT, loving it so far. Still getting used to the buttons/settings.

I wanted rear vents and headsup display, that stirred us towards GT.

ACEwoK

Reaction score
Hello All,

Would be getting GT soon. I have been searching few Seltos forums. Has anyone looked into installing Power tailgate kit to Seltos. Found few suppliers on Alibaba, I saw in one forum this video.

Power Tail Gate Installed. I am also interested in installing this one. It seems that USA is getting power tail gate in 2021 models as per the specs.

Also wondering how is the road noise on freeways?
Yeah, I have looked into it, but haven't been able to find anything useful on anyone in Perth to install. I'd love to get it done.

I got my GT back in late May. Love the car and really only have a couple of gripes with it (power tail being one) compared to my previous 2015 Optima Platinum. Wish the steering wheel had auto settings like the seat, both front windows should be auto up and down when you double click and the aforementioned power tailgate.

That vid shows an Aussie vehicle but not sure what state. If I find out any more, I'll post here to let you know.

ACEwoK

Reaction score
WA here too. If you have the money, get the GT. The HUD and the added safety, along with the efficiency of the 1.6T on longer drives do make a considerable difference.....The smart cruise also VERY useful in the city, especially in heavy traffic.

robindash7

Reaction score
WA here too. If you have the money, get the GT. The HUD and the added safety, along with the efficiency of the 1.6T on longer drives do make a considerable difference.....The smart cruise also VERY useful in the city, especially in heavy traffic.
yeah i thought i have researched it all, and felt disgusted didnt go for the GT. Smart cruising ? Whats that, i think sports+ would hav that too

ACEwoK

Reaction score
yeah i thought i have researched it all, and felt disgusted didnt go for the GT. Smart cruising ? Whats that, i think sports+ would hav that too
Smart Cruise is where you set the distance to the vehicle in front as well as the speed. It will maintain distance and will vary the speed to do so, will also bring you to a full stop and also prompt you to tell it to take off again from a full stop without having to touch the pedals. Seriously makes driving a breeze and allows me to give additional attention to what going on around me rather speedo watching.