Aussie costs of ownership, and faults already noted?

Welcome to KIASELTOS.COM!

Welcome to our community! Please take a moment to register - and let's get this party started!

imay

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls - we are giving serious thought to upgrading(?) the 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel to a Seltos GT in the not too distant future. Have read the reviews, comparisons, viewed the pics, etc., so now it's time to ask the serious questions - before we play the salesperson tango.
What has gone wrong with your Seltos? Was it fixed to your satisfaction?
What are the servicing costs like, compared to whatever you drove before?
Are you HAPPY with it? Where could it be improved?

Bill63

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls - we are giving serious thought to upgrading(?) the 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel to a Seltos GT in the not too distant future. Have read the reviews, comparisons, viewed the pics, etc., so now it's time to ask the serious questions - before we play the salesperson tango.
Not had a prob except android auto working when it wants. Drives great,fuel,4.1lt on 200k trip,around town 8lt. Tech is awesome. Had a idiot pull out in front off me,so sudden,SUV braked by it's self. Size of screen is amazing,clarity,wow.

Bill63

Reaction score
People have to realize this is new model, do you really need a the GT,for me no,paying extra for mood lighting,heads up,well should be looking at Speedo which is in front of you also on map screen,as I already had a shush,drag with the gt,left it behind, sp2+ fwd with saftey pack best of the lot.

Bill63

Reaction score
Would stay away from awd service cost to high, fwd much better, going from a 3.5lt,fuel cost is halved.Do get warnings on dash,like steering lock not engaged,battery discharge warning,which I have no idea why. Love the remote start,great in summer. 10.2inch screen amazing,will not find one on another SUV. Android is a prob,works most times. 2lt fwd,will say by to the awd turbo.

imay

Reaction score
Would stay away from awd service cost to high, fwd much better, going from a 3.5lt,fuel cost is halved.Do get warnings on dash,like steering lock not engaged,battery discharge warning,which I have no idea why. Love the remote start,great in summer. 10.2inch screen amazing,will not find one on another SUV. Android is a prob,works most times. 2lt fwd,will say by to the awd turbo.

Current drive is a Sportage Platinum diesel (2nd one!) so AWD service costs are not a problem to me - never had a problem with it. The GT 1.6 Turbo/DCT/AWD combo is what attracts me the most at the moment. Haven't driven one yet, cos I don't want to get sucked into WANTING one just yet. May even try to wait out till the Series 2 lands in the future.

Bill63

Reaction score
Current drive is a Sportage Platinum diesel (2nd one!) so AWD service costs are not a problem to me - never had a problem with it. The GT 1.6 Turbo/DCT/AWD combo is what attracts me the most at the moment. Haven't driven one yet, cos I don't want to get sucked into WANTING one just yet. May even try to wait out till the Series 2 lands in the future.
Series 2 will be the same as what is here now,2022 is I was told next upgrade. India they came out in 2015,,mine November 2019,but my 2020. I have the cvt, I think, has 8 speed,nobody from Kia can tell me why. Smaller than the sportarge, but more saftey features. Full saftey cell. Would suggest test drive all Seltos model's. Research,most independent motor experts leaning towards sp2+ fwd. Happy with mine. You will notice better handling.