Body parts availability

sentrydriver

We were rear ended. Fortunately, we are fine, the damage is superficial and the at-fault driver was insured. The body shop told me that this is their first Seltos (in fact their first 2021 vehicle) and he is concerned about parts availability. He said if parts are available, he should be able to get them in three to five days but, if a parts infrastructure is not yet in place, it could literally take months. Anyone else had a collision yet? Any ideas on parts availability in the U.S. market? If not, I guess I am the guinea pig and will keep the forum advised on our progress.

SDKady

We were rear ended. Fortunately, we are fine, the damage is superficial and the at-fault driver was insured. The body shop told me that this is their first Seltos (in fact their first 2021 vehicle) and he is concerned about parts availability. He said if parts are available, he should be able to get them in three to five days but, if a parts infrastructure is not yet in place, it could literally take months. Anyone else had a collision yet? Any ideas on parts availability in the U.S. market? If not, I guess I am the guinea pig and will keep the forum advised on our progress.
Have you checked with your dealer? If that doesn't work call the KIA hotline.

sentrydriver

The body shop (Allstate’s recommended and well reviewed) called this morning with the typical good news/bad news scenario. All the parts are available for delivery Wednesday of this week...except for one part expected in on 25 November. Fortunately, I am a patient man.