Competitors to the Kia Seltos

Welcome to KIASELTOS.COM!

Welcome to our community! Please take a moment to register - and let's get this party started!

Jack Benshir

Reaction score
What cars will everyone be cross shopping? It looks like the Honda HR-V, Toyota C-HR and Subaru Crosstrek will be direct competitors. What else is there?

amber

Reaction score
I live in Australia and I'm on the lookout for a small SUV. I've looked at the Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Kona and Honda HRV. I knew that the KIA Seltos was on the way here and also the MAZDA CX30 will be available here around March. I'm very impressed with the KIA Seltos ..... I've read some pre information and have seen photos of the MAZDA CX30 and I prefer the KIA Seltos. It will be my next vehicle.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Australia and I'm on the lookout for a small SUV. I've looked at the Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Kona and Honda HRV. I knew that the KIA Seltos was on the way here and also the MAZDA CX30 will be available here around March. I'm very impressed with the KIA Seltos ..... I've read some pre information and have seen photos of the MAZDA CX30 and I prefer the KIA Seltos. It will be my next vehicle.
I'm quite confident the Kia Seltos will also be a more reliable vehicle than the Mazda CX30. What's the warranty like for Mazdas in Australia?

BlackCherry Fenrir

Reaction score
In the US, besides the models listed above - Buick Encore, Chevy Traxx, and Ford Escape - I compared them all, and by my avitar - it wasn't even close!!! Best value, pricing, and performance than any other in this segment. 4 months of research and everytime I came back to the Seltos SX!!!! The tech package in the SX is heads above the rest as well! Best purchase to date!!!!

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the US, besides the models listed above - Buick Encore, Chevy Traxx, and Ford Escape - I compared them all, and by my avitar - it wasn't even close!!! Best value, pricing, and performance than any other in this segment. 4 months of research and everytime I came back to the Seltos SX!!!! The tech package in the SX is heads above the rest as well! Best purchase to date!!!!
That's great to hear! The Buick Encore is a pretty nice vehicle but I had a feeling the Seltos would be a step or two above...

BlackCherry Fenrir

Reaction score
That's great to hear! The Buick Encore is a pretty nice vehicle but I had a feeling the Seltos would be a step or two above...
The Turbo version of the Encore was 31,300.00 (Basic Turbo Model at that!) - they had incentives, but the price point of the Seltos SX is going to be hard for the competition to handle at this point for sure!!!

Jack Benshir

Reaction score
The Turbo version of the Encore was 31,300.00 (Basic Turbo Model at that!) - they had incentives, but the price point of the Seltos SX is going to be hard for the competition to handle at this point for sure!!!
you just got yours? congrats! the encore is nice inside but i cant get passed the goofy front end.

BlackCherry Fenrir

Reaction score
you just got yours? congrats! the encore is nice inside but i cant get passed the goofy front end.
The Encore is nice inside, but I agree on the front end and it looks like at the last second they said, "squish it on both ends"!!! haha Seltos has a great stance as well, it looks and rides great so far.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Encore is nice inside, but I agree on the front end and it looks like at the last second they said, "squish it on both ends"!!! haha Seltos has a great stance as well, it looks and rides great so far.
The Seltos is Definitely going to be a huge hit. It's the nicest looking vehicle in it's class. At least in my opinion...