DRL lights

Welcome to KIASELTOS.COM!

Welcome to our community! Please take a moment to register - and let's get this party started!

Ozz

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New here so hello to all.
Am thinking of getting a Seltos S.
Was wondering if the DRLs can be turned off or do they stay on all the time. Cheers.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New here so hello to all.
Am thinking of getting a Seltos S.
Was wondering if the DRLs can be turned off or do they stay on all the time. Cheers.
The daytime running lights don't have a switch of their own. They cannot be turned off...

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Am getting one but is a long wait where I am. Wont arrive here in Australia until August. :(
That IS a long wait. But you know what they say - good things come to those who wait! Or perhaps that's just an American phrase... Do you think I should create an Australian specific Seltos club here? I have a feeling there will be a lot of Australian Seltos owners...

Ozz

Reaction score
That IS a long wait. But you know what they say - good things come to those who wait! Or perhaps that's just an American phrase... Do you think I should create an Australian specific Seltos club here? I have a feeling there will be a lot of Australian Seltos owners...
Hi, I dont know. Though I hear it is amongst the most anticipated and ordered car here in years. I was pretty impressed with it when I test drove it how good the 2 litre engine and transmission was. I know of a person here who has been waiting since March and wont see the car until July! They are coming into Aus from Korea in trickles.

Ozz

Reaction score
Spoke to a dealer here today and he said the delays range from 4 to 6 months here in Australia now. It is dependent on the colour and grade Seltos you get and how many are in the order for Australia of that grade and colour. If the numbers are low for both those things, Kia waits until there are sufficient numbers in the order matching the same requirements until they produce them. Otherwise you wait.
Ours as well as being right hand drive have a different front end bottom section. The US one has a better approach angle than ours does with yours having an upswept front grill base. Yours seems to have a slightly higher ground clearance too, unless it is measured by maximum compared to ours measured by minimum. Ours is 177mm ground clearance, I read the US is 190mm. Is that correct? Indias Seltos looks really different inside too than both the US and Aus versions. They have very different engine choices too I saw.
Anyway. Cheers and stay well over there.
Your Seltos front.
images (52).jpeg
Ours.
images (54).jpeg

Last edited:

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read the US is 190mm. Is that correct?
Thank you very much for all the information! I'm not sure about the ground clearance here in the U.S. I'm hoping somebody will post about that soon. I think the U.S. and Australia get better engine options than India. Interesting that the interior is different. I guess it's just a different audience of driver.

I do hope we get a good amount of members here from Australia. It makes for a lot of interesting conversations between here and there. :)