Happy with my Seltos

jaybee

After placing the order in July at last was able to pick it up 2 weeks ago! Was told 10th Oct would be the date but then was told the ship was turned around by Australian quarantine due to stink bug...

Finally get the nam of ship, ship had never been to AU in last 5 voyages. I watched it on tracker all the way down the coast, Brisbane, Port Kembla, Melbourne!!!

The car is a great ride, super comfory. The compliance plate reads build date Oct 20. Not sure what i expected from a car dealer other than BS really.

I do have a question of the group. This is the first brand new car I've ever owned. If after 500km of driving I feel there's an issue should I alert the dealer now or just mention at the first service?
Cheers

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
After placing the order in July at last was able to pick it up 2 weeks ago! Was told 10th Oct would be the date but then was told the ship was turned around by Australian quarantine due to stink bug...

Finally get the nam of ship, ship had never been to AU in last 5 voyages. I watched it on tracker all the way down the coast, Brisbane, Port Kembla, Melbourne!!!

The car is a great ride, super comfory. The compliance plate reads build date Oct 20. Not sure what i expected from a car dealer other than BS really.

I do have a question of the group. This is the first brand new car I've ever owned. If after 500km of driving I feel there's an issue should I alert the dealer now or just mention at the first service?
Cheers
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Definitely alert the dealer now. This way they know whatever the issue is - it happened early on. The sooner you tell them, the bettter.

jaybee

Had the car in to check on my steering complaint (drifts/pulls to the left since day 1). Was told, yes, we notice it and will get an alignment done. 3hrs later (they take it next door to Beaurepairs) I'm out the gate, on the highway and...same bloody thing. Do I waste my time taking back or just live with it 🤷🏻‍♂️ FFS

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Had the car in to check on my steering complaint (drifts/pulls to the left since day 1). Was told, yes, we notice it and will get an alignment done. 3hrs later (they take it next door to Beaurepairs) I'm out the gate, on the highway and...same bloody thing. Do I waste my time taking back or just live with it 🤷🏻‍♂️ FFS
Jeez. I'd take it back. Get it right. They can do it.

gwnorman

Is it because you have the lane assist on? I noticed that when I was on a country road, the car kept pulling to the left trying to keep me away from getting too close to the centre lane. If not already tried, turn the lane assist off and see what happens.

jaybee

I don't believe the pull/drift is a result of any features. It's too pronounced and country/city/suburban road all the same. When I first called about it the service guy tried to tell me it's just the camber of the road.......

SDKady

Cheers
I guess it depends on what the issue is. What is your issue? Frankly, I would contact the dealer rather than depending on us to advise you

SDKady

Of course take it back. If it's out of align, there goes your tires