I yr anniversary

Bill63

Next month is my 1st anniversary lol. Just wondering if people are happy with there Seltos? My first impressions were very high tech,fuel consumption great. Now still feel the same but still freaked out when it takes over steering. Was sceptical about no rear aircon vents,but rear seats never been sat in so no complaints lol. Having the sps+ with saftey pack,fwd,still impressed with the power. Just wish somebody at Kia can explain why no matter what setting,I can go from 1st to 8th gear????. Techs tell me only 7 gears,yet I took one for a drive and showed him,still could not tell me why. Prob only thing I do not like is the Khomo tires,wear out too quick,upgrading to Perelli. One question,tire pressure,supposed to be able to check on dash,bugger if I can work it out.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I know,but insurance wise if I am involved in accident which could have been avoided with feature on,might cause problems.
Oh, interesting. Don't worry, you'll get used to the tug on the steering wheel. Especially as you get more confidence its doing the right thing...

Wickedt

Ya, the tug on the steering freaked me out a little at first, but the vehicle does know who the boss is.
As for the tire pressure, when i first got the vehicle i hit on that playing with the buttons, but for the life of me, not sure were that is lol

ACEwoK

Freaked me out a bit too for the first week or so...Now I feel comfortable letting it steer with minimal input from me so I can concentrate on what's going on around me. tbh, I've become a far more relaxed driver since getting my GT - with smart cruise and auto lane-keep it's the next best thing to one-pedal driving and autopilot.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Freaked me out a bit too for the first week or so...Now I feel comfortable letting it steer with minimal input from me so I can concentrate on what's going on around me. tbh, I've become a far more relaxed driver since getting my GT - with smart cruise and auto lane-keep it's the next best thing to one-pedal driving and autopilot.
Glad to hear it! And I agree - it's very relaxing. I always keep my hand on the steering wheel - but its still very relaxing having the car do most of the work...

Bill63

Glad to hear it! And I agree - it's very relaxing. I always keep my hand on the steering wheel - but its still very relaxing having the car do most of the work...
Went on a 400k trip,used the smart cruise,did not like it,a car 100mts in front,mine would slow down,tried diff settings,just turned it off. Great mileage averaged 4.6 per 100ks.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Went on a 400k trip,used the smart cruise,did not like it,a car 100mts in front,mine would slow down,tried diff settings,just turned it off. Great mileage averaged 4.6 per 100ks.
Yeah, some are definitely better than others on that intelligent cruise control. It can be really annoying if it doesn't work well...

Wickedt

Yeah, some are definitely better than others on that intelligent cruise control. It can be really annoying if it doesn't work well...
I think the trick to the lane assist working well, is to set it to Sport Mode, it makes it less aggressive, and much more usable. I have a friend in the US who has a Telluride, and he agrees, the sensitivity of it is much lower in Sport Mode. The performance and handling differance is also very noticible. The intelligent cruise control can also be set up for less distance, etc., but i have not had any highway long distance driving yet with mine, so i could be wrong, but my wife has made a few 400k trips and absolutelly loves it.

Bill63

I think the trick to the lane assist working well, is to set it to Sport Mode, it makes it less aggressive, and much more usable. I have a friend in the US who has a Telluride, and he agrees, the sensitivity of it is much lower in Sport Mode. The performance and handling differance is also very noticible. The intelligent cruise control can also be set up for less distance, etc., but i have not had any highway long distance driving yet with mine, so i could be wrong, but my wife has made a few 400k trips and absolutelly loves it.
Cheers,will try it in sport.