• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Seltos owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Is your Seltos dented from the factory

DentedSeltos

Mum just bought a brand new Seltos and it’s dented across top of the nose cone
The strip just in front of the bonnet where the Kia badge is. There’s 12 dents across the front of the car. Even under the Kia badge itself….
I have a video won’t upload so I took a couple of screen shots in the post below
Kia acknowledged there is an issue. It’s not a warranty issue it’s defective they said
“There’s a manufacturing fault with the way the panel was pressed in the kia factory.”

Of course they have “only just been made aware of the issue, and are in the process of contacting owners about the issue….”
Which I find impossible to believe
Because

>>They didn’t know mums car had an issue, even though it’s plain as day….

>>I have seen other Seltos owners on the road, every one was dented. So I stopped them to tell them about the dents. They hadn’t seen them, AND HADNT HEARD FROM KIA EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THEIR CARS FOR MONTHS, SOME OVER A YEAR WITH NO KNOWLEDGE.
Many of these owners had services done at the dealer in between with no notification of any dents/problems….

Last edited:

DentedSeltos

Here’s the pics

Attachments

• 510E1ECF-558F-4BA4-8E34-241706E74F9F.png
    510E1ECF-558F-4BA4-8E34-241706E74F9F.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 4A65E760-9985-4162-AD9A-2EA504F6E62B.png
    4A65E760-9985-4162-AD9A-2EA504F6E62B.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 1F0A34F0-8FA3-43DB-988A-ED346C7B25A2.png
    1F0A34F0-8FA3-43DB-988A-ED346C7B25A2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • A2691E47-82AD-4DEF-A4AB-A76D7CB2A0B9.png
    A2691E47-82AD-4DEF-A4AB-A76D7CB2A0B9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

DentedSeltos

Consumer Biz Affairs and ACC suggest to put your complaint in writing

If it can’t be fixed
Or replaced
And if having known about the dents would have made you not buy your Seltos
You’re entitled to a full refund
Kia will argue that’s how they are
But this is false because the dents aren’t the same on every Seltos
If this was a feature of the car they would be standard / the same on all models
Other models look similar and have similar panels. None of these cars have the same manufacturing fault as the Seltos

Write to your dealer
Ask for a refund
Class Action Lawsuit coming

G

G-50228

Mum just bought a brand new Seltos and it’s dented across top of the nose cone
The strip just in front of the bonnet where the Kia badge is. There’s 12 dents across the front of the car. Even under the Kia badge itself….
I have a video won’t upload so I took a couple of screen shots in the post below
Kia acknowledged there is an issue. It’s not a warranty issue it’s defective they said
“There’s a manufacturing fault with the way the panel was pressed in the kia factory.”

Of course they have “only just been made aware of the issue, and are in the process of contacting owners about the issue….”
Which I find impossible to believe
Because

>>They didn’t know mums car had an issue, even though it’s plain as day….

>>I have seen other Seltos owners on the road, every one was dented. So I stopped them to tell them about the dents. They hadn’t seen them, AND HADNT HEARD FROM KIA EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THEIR CARS FOR MONTHS, SOME OVER A YEAR WITH NO KNOWLEDGE.
Many of these owners had services done at the dealer in between with no notification of any dents/problems….
Had mine for 6 months and yes mine has the dents. No word from Kia but they will be made aware of it

G

G-21545

I bought mine in 2020. One day I noticed indents bubble like, on front panel where Kia badge. Went to dealer after friend told me he could see it as well. That was 6 ago. Still waiting to hear back. Car dealers are useless, they don’t care after they sell you a car.
Ken