Latest infotainment version available!

gwnorman

Hiya, my first (hopefully useful) post. Not sure if this has been posted earlier and if it has -sorry!
A new version of the infotainment has been released and I tested it last night, looking slick as it incorporates your mood colours with your infotainment screen.

You can download the app to get the version here: Navigation Updater | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website.
Make sure you follow the instructions and be patient with:
a) the download and,
b) the installation and validation when updating in the car.

I'm pretty sure if you screw it up, Kia will charge you handsomely as they prefer to do it at your service intervals (but why wait?! :) )

ACEwoK

Is it the version that is all purple accents now? Personally, I don't like it at all. The home screen is dark and effectively useless. The previous 3-panel home screen, with easy access to map, radio/Android auto and driving info has disappeared and has been replaced with an essentially blank and useless profile screen.

I wish I could change it back, to be honest...I preferred the previous version.

Last edited:

gwnorman

Yes, I agree with you completely. Not sure why they did this and what they were thinking to release such a dismal update. If anyone knows how to roll back to the previous version I would be very keen to hear from them.

gwnorman

Hiya, my first (hopefully useful) post. Not sure if this has been posted earlier and if it has -sorry!
A new version of the infotainment has been released and I tested it last night, looking slick as it incorporates your mood colours with your infotainment screen.

You can download the app to get the version here: Navigation Updater | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website.
Make sure you follow the instructions and be patient with:
a) the download and,
b) the installation and validation when updating in the car.

I'm pretty sure if you screw it up, Kia will charge you handsomely as they prefer to do it at your service intervals (but why wait?! :) )
Update: Don't do it, it is a rubbish update.

ACEwoK

I'm hearing, through the grapevine, that there is another update due this month, that supposedly updates to allow for wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay as well as system updates and new maps.

Not sure if the wireless bit will be for us as I imagine we don't have the hardware in the 2020 model (10.25" screen) but would be nice if this update allows for the whole screen to be used in AA and not just 2/3's...also get rid of that stupidly useless profile home screen.

I wish I knew of a reliable way to feedback to KIA about the software shortcomings.

On a more positive note, HAVE YOU SEEN THE EV6?!?!?! WOW! I think I just found the next KIA I want to buy (was previously the eSoul/Soul EV)