My 8spd

Bill63

Kia Australia cannot explain why my sp2 w/saftey pack has 8 gears. Does not bother me,just curious if anyone else has a 8sp???
I can put it in1st gear and go through to 8th. Sent pic to Kia,no reply. Still the best small suv you can buy,saftey excellent,10.25 inch info screen just brilliant,it is like what feature do I want showing today lol.

Attachments

• 20200621_113824.jpg
    20200621_113824.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 2

Bill63

It's a CVT so the transmission has infinite ratio's. They are just selection 8 positions and displaying them as gears.
But why? I have driven other people's seltos they drove mine, none go to 8th. Even drove the gt,started in 1st gear to 7th. I do not have a prob just thought it was strange. 2016 Indian model came with a 8sp.. when I bought it I test drove the entry level to GT,none went to 8th. Being a car nut I did what I did with my ex Toyota. Stop, then go through gears. Get revs right on seltos 8th pop's up,just want to know if anyone else dash will show 8th.then
It's a CVT so the transmission has infinite ratio's. They are just selection 8 positions and displaying them as gears.
Then why Why does Kia say 7 cvt,not 8?

Bill63

But why? I have driven other people's seltos they drove mine, none go to 8th. Even drove the gt,started in 1st gear to 7th. I do not have a prob just thought it was strange. 2016 Indian model came with a 8sp.. when I bought it I test drove the entry level to GT,none went to 8th. Being a car nut I did what I did with my ex Toyota. Stop, then go through gears. Get revs right on seltos 8th pop's up,just want to know if anyone else dash will show 8th.then

Then why Why does Kia say 7 cvt,not 8?
Infinite gear ratio . Well 50sp. Sorry not being a smarty. Not a