Nav software update

Desnlinda

Hi All, we bought our Seltos LX+ yesterday, so we are newbies. I downloaded the latest Nav software to USB stick about 6 GB and am looking into loading it into the car soon. The manuals say the car needs to be idling for over 30 mins during the update, but I was wondering if the car switched on with my CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger connected would also work? Any one know?
Regards Des

gwnorman

I didn't worry about running the car, There should be enough juice in the battery to easily handle this. I would however, think about updating the Nav software. I have and very much regreted it. If I knew how, I would revert back to the old version. the new version looks colourful in its purple/pin, but the home screen has this stupid dark map of where you are on the left which you can't see anyway, and has removed the other fun facts such as acceleration and so on. Mind you, mine is a 2020 model so you may have a different version of the Nav software anyway. Enjoy the car, it is a very nice car, and I love it.

Desnlinda

Cheers GW. From what I can see the update is a Nav software and map update combined. I can’t see how to download just the map update on its own. At the moment I am holding off just incase I screwup multi thou $$$.