• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Seltos owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Remote starting does not seem to work consistently

Bill63

Nah,when I purchased mine salesperson had trouble trying from the side about 2mtrs away. Another tip to unlock from about 60mtrs,hold remote to head and unlock. Sounds silly but works.

daisysdad

I use the Kia Access app for remote starting and have had no problems. Since I park the car outside, being able to customize it for 75-degrees F and defroster and seat warmer on made getting in on the cold-ish mornings last winter much nicer. The 10 minute limit is a pain - I need to set a timer on my phone to remind myself to restart it since I've found it needs 20 minutes to be comfortable.

Newtokia

Sounds like a weird solution but I’ve found if you double click the lock button then hold the remote start button straight it works.

Has worked ever time since I found out about it.

G

G-856720

Sounds like a weird solution but I’ve found if you double click the lock button then hold the remote start button straight it works.

Has worked ever time since I found out about it.
Same. I hit lock and then start, and no problem.