Seltos 2 litre 0 to 60mph

Ozz

Hi. Just wondering what the Seltos in the US does, the 2 litre, 0 to 60?
Reason I ask is just out of curiosity. Here the base model, the one im getting has steel wheels. The other grades get alloy. Im not fussed what wheels I have and dont need the extras that the other grades come with. It has the same engine and CVT .
Here the S model, the one im getting very soon, does tested independently, 0 to 100 kph in 8.86 seconds. But I cant find any info on the others, other than the Turbo version here which is said to be 1 second faster. 1 second more or less is no issue to me but here is why I ask. And yes I know 100kph is not exactly 60mph (is around 62mph)
But I read long ago that cars with steel wheels, rims, accelerate slower than those with alloy.
By how much in my mind would be negligible id imagine. 8.86, no brake hold, is pretty good in my opinion for the Seltos and is quicker than quite a number or other small to mid suv's out there. No mind blower I know but when I campared videos done by the same crew on others in the small to mid range the Seltos impressed.
It was a full second faster than the current Xtrail with a 2.5 litre engine I was about to get.
So just out of curiosity does anyone know what the Seltos 2 litre with alloys does?
Just for info the overall size of the wheels on the Seltos with steels and higher profile tyres is exactly the same as the 17" with lower profile tyres. So no mismatch in overall wheels on the road height wise.
1 second thereabouts faster for the Turbo with alloys against the 2 litre naturally aspirated and steels makes me think there would be virtually no difference with the 2 litre fitted with alloys.
Curious.
:)

Ozz

Here's the 2 litre steel wheel S model and the Turbo videos.
They appear to be fairly done.
On both videos the actual tests start around the 2 minute mark.

Ozz

Thank you. Will you considering tuning yours?
Hi. Im thinking you mean chip upgrade or some software thing?
No I'll leave everything as is. Im pretty happy with how it went when I drove it.
I live in the bush and our roads are rubbish so fast or hard driving has become a thing of the past. We used to live in hope the govt would give a big spend to fix and upgrade them but now with covid and the massive hit on the economy its a given that wont be happening for decades.
Even if I had a new Porche id still have to drive it carefully and sedate here. Bad roads plus huge amounts of kangaroos is not a good combo. I very rarely drive at night here, you play "dodge the roos" when you do.
Funny, I was talking about how good the roads were years back when we were young, im in my 50s now. They were race track smooth so many. You tell people now and they think your making it up. But last night watched the original Mad Max after years not seeing it. Some areas it was shot was where we used to live in the country. You see Goose in it riding his bike flat stick and pay attention to the road surfaces, they are perfect, and thats exactly how they all were back then. In all the scenes the roads are perfect. Its a thing many dont pick up on when they watch it. Thats how our roads in Victoria used to be everywhere. You could drive flat out. Now its the polar opposite, potholes, dips, rises, eroded edges.
Did I mention our roads are bad here? :LOL:

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Im thinking you mean chip upgrade or some software thing?
No I'll leave everything as is. Im pretty happy with how it went when I drove it.
I live in the bush and our roads are rubbish so fast or hard driving has become a thing of the past. We used to live in hope the govt would give a big spend to fix and upgrade them but now with covid and the massive hit on the economy its a given that wont be happening for decades.
Even if I had a new Porche id still have to drive it carefully and sedate here. Bad roads plus huge amounts of kangaroos is not a good combo. I very rarely drive at night here, you play "dodge the roos" when you do.
Funny, I was talking about how good the roads were years back when we were young, im in my 50s now. They were race track smooth so many. You tell people now and they think your making it up. But last night watched the original Mad Max after years not seeing it. Some areas it was shot was where we used to live in the country. You see Goose in it riding his bike flat stick and pay attention to the road surfaces, they are perfect, and thats exactly how they all were back then. In all the scenes the roads are perfect. Its a thing many dont pick up on when they watch it. Thats how our roads in Victoria used to be everywhere. You could drive flat out. Now its the polar opposite, potholes, dips, rises, eroded edges.
Did I mention our roads are bad here? :LOL:
Sorry to hear about those bad roads! For us, it's traffic. It doesn't pay to have a fast car here either. There's really nowhere to drive it fast - unless its early in the morning or late at night. Most vehicles have adequate power nowadays. Anyway, no modifications means no, well, relatively no trouble. :p

Bill63

Hi. Just wondering what the Seltos in the US does, the 2 litre, 0 to 60?
Reason I ask is just out of curiosity. Here the base model, the one im getting has steel wheels. The other grades get alloy. Im not fussed what wheels I have and dont need the extras that the other grades come with. It has the same engine and CVT .
Here the S model, the one im getting very soon, does tested independently, 0 to 100 kph in 8.86 seconds. But I cant find any info on the others, other than the Turbo version here which is said to be 1 second faster. 1 second more or less is no issue to me but here is why I ask. And yes I know 100kph is not exactly 60mph (is around 62mph)
But I read long ago that cars with steel wheels, rims, accelerate slower than those with alloy.
By how much in my mind would be negligible id imagine. 8.86, no brake hold, is pretty good in my opinion for the Seltos and is quicker than quite a number or other small to mid suv's out there. No mind blower I know but when I campared videos done by the same crew on others in the small to mid range the Seltos impressed.
It was a full second faster than the current Xtrail with a 2.5 litre engine I was about to get.
So just out of curiosity does anyone know what the Seltos 2 litre with alloys does?
Just for info the overall size of the wheels on the Seltos with steels and higher profile tyres is exactly the same as the 17" with lower profile tyres. So no mismatch in overall wheels on the road height wise.
1 second thereabouts faster for the Turbo with alloys against the 2 litre naturally aspirated and steels makes me think there would be virtually no difference with the 2 litre fitted with alloys.
Curious.
:)
When I bought mine tried the turbo,nah fwd much quicker.