What will the KIA Seltos be replacing for you?

Welcome to KIASELTOS.COM!

Welcome to our community! Please take a moment to register - and let's get this party started!

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So! Will the KIA Seltos be your first KIA? What are you driving now?

Brandy Jefferson

Reaction score
Right now I have a Kia Soul and would like to get a new car very soon. I think the Seltos looks really nice and I'm sure it'll have all the latest doodad features I want. It looks like the Seltos is alittle bigger than the Soul and that will be great. I'm not really wanting a big suv like the Sorento or the Telluride so I think the Seltos will be perfect. I hope to see it very soon because my lease is up in September.

Jack Benshir

Reaction score
The Seltos will be my first Kia. I currently drive a 2018 Mustang GT but have a baby on the way and want something more practical and safer. I'm also a bit ticket-prone and I'd like to put an end to that. LOL

johnbaumer

Reaction score
the seltos, if i buy it, will be my 3rd kia. i started with an optima, then moved into a forte, and now i need something bigger that i can comfortable transport around man's best friend in the back.

Caddy Lacker

Reaction score
Coming from a Cadillac SRX. 1st gen with the Northstar. Great automobile but it's getting old and expensive to maintain. I'd like something comfy and reliable with a 10 yr warranty to take me into retirement. Small is good for fuel mileage as I intend to be doing alot of back and forth on vacations. Hoping to see this thing available soon. My alternative is the Sportage but I think the Seltos will work for my wife and I.

amber

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Australia and currently drive a Hyundai Elantra SE. As I'm now a senior and having some knee issues I've been on the look out for a small SUV for easier entry and exit. I really like the Kia Seltos especially the Sport+ model. I intend purchasing one - it will be my first KIA.

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Australia and currently drive a Hyundai Elantra SE. As I'm now a senior and having some knee issues I've been on the look out for a small SUV for easier entry and exit. I really like the Kia Seltos especially the Sport+ model. I intend purchasing one - it will be my first KIA.
Welcome aboard, @amber! And thank you for signing up. :) The Kia Seltos will be a nice upgrade from the Elantra! I hope you do get it. Keep us posted! :)

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Australia and a Mitsubishi ASX (Outlander Sport in some markets). A huge upgrade in technology. So looking forward to it.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Yes, I’m familiar with the Outlander. The Seltos will be a nice upgrade. How long is your wait?

Ozz

Reaction score
Ok, got the call today. Mid-July. I can wait that long.
Wow, just a 1 month wait! Mines been on order since mid Feb and was told May, then July, now im told theyre not sure so its going to be even later. Where in Aus are you just roughly, im in Central Victoria. Im getting tired of this and cant help but feel they are giving City orders priority over us in the bush as I keep hearing of others ordering way after me getting theirs. Im so close to walking away from this Seltos and going elsewhere to be honest. Contacted Kia Aus and got run around then finally a guy contacted me and was kind of sheepish and aprehensive in the responses he gave, the dealership, forget it, "we'll get back to you, we'll get back to you.........."
Edit..
Heard from them just after I posted this. Told it has not been built yet and maybe see it August/September. Thats outrageous!
Think Im out. Enjoy your cars people.

Last edited:

imay

Reaction score
Serious consideration being directed towards replacing the 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel for a Seltos GT. Love the Sportage and its diesel grunt, but . . .
See my thread re: servicing costs, faults, etc. from current Seltos owners.

ACEwoK

Reaction score
Not my first rodeo Kia (my 6th, in fact - an that's just me. The rest of the family are on multiples too!) and I am always happy to sing the praises of Kia to any and all who are interested.

My, not quite a month old, Seltos GT has just replaced my 2015 Optima Platinum (and that has, so far, been the best Kia I have had to date!). I would really have loved to jump into the Soul EV next but, for various reasons, it is not yet available in Australia...and probably won't be for a while.

Last edited:

imay

Reaction score
I would really have loved to jump into the Soul EV next but, for various reasons, it is not yet available in Australia...and probably won't be for a while.
Interesting choice. I would like to wait and see if Seltos gets the EV or hybrid treatment in the NEAR future, but can't see that happening either.