What will the KIA Seltos be replacing for you?

Kia Seltos

Administrator
Staff member
Hope it's OK I bump this thread up a bit. XD

Came from a 2018 Mercedes C300. (Though we also have a 2013 Kia Soul in the car lineup).
I wanted something a bit bigger to pack the dogs around. So far, i've been loving it. :D
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! So how does the Seltos compare to the Kia Soul and Mercedes-Benz C300?

thedutchie

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! So how does the Seltos compare to the Kia Soul and Mercedes-Benz C300?

Thank you!
Well, it is much better than the Kia Soul. The soul is a manual base i purchased in 2012. It is still on the road today as my husbands commuter car and packs on mileage. While it is slow, and certainly outdated, it has been incredibly reliable. So far only oil changes, tires, brakes.

Trying to compare the Seltos to the Merc is apples to oranges. XD The Mercedes was definitely more luxurious, and quite a bit quicker. The entertainment system drove me absolutely nuts though. I always had issues getting my phone connected. And while decent on gas mileage, it required premium fuel which hurt at the pump. XD It wasn''t quite old enough yet to run into mechanical issues, but they're incredibly expensive when they do pop up.

So far, ive really been enjoying the Seltos. It's a bit slow, but roomy and the dogs like it. I also enjoy that it is AWD. I'm hoping for the same reliability as the Soul.